DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

my daughter has been feeling ill for months. she has symptoms

Customer Question

my daughter has been feeling ill for months. she has symptoms of hair loss, extreme fatigue, muscles aches, insomnia, brain fog, constant nausea. low thyroid is in our family,my father has it. she has had blood tests and when i asked the gp about possible thyroid problems he said her results were perfect at 0.63. is this right and if so, why does she feel so unwell. she looks ill, her face is very pale and she has very dry skin. can you please advise me, she is 19
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Was the .63 a TSH value?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she also needs the toilet very frequently, getting up constantly during the night to urinate and even though she is not drinking that much water she still finds she needs to go ridiculously frequently. she was diagnosed with : mononucleosis in December 2012 with a blood test. she looks very unwell

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
A TSH valure of .63 is perfect.
It is not thyroid.
She might still be sick from the mono if this atarted afterwards...did it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it started during it. she had extreme nausea with the GF and it has continued since then but got worse. she can't keep any food down without the cyclozine. I don't think her gp believes she is ill any more but she definitely is not well.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
OK
IN some individuals illness after mono persists.
Medicine has no good answers for this.

That said, I would have a sex hormone panel run and an adrenal gland screen with an am cortisol.
All routine labs, which I am sure are done.
Sed rate and ANA to exaclude autoimmune disease, if not done.

If all is "normal" then you have to turn to classical homeopathy in this situation, giving a single dose of EBV nosode 1M. If not still improving in 2 weeks, the a single dose of 10M would be what I follow with.
Finding a classical homeopath to help with this is necessary.

I have up to a 70 % success rate with this single intervention in this situation, assuming this is residual illness from the mono.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i think all the relevant tests have been done, what would cause her to need the toilet so frequently then. also the gp said the mono was not showing up on blood tests now so why would this still make her feel ill. do you really think homeopathy would help her get better. many thanks.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
I can only tell you my experience, and it works usuaully.

Irritable bladder and bowel could certainly develop in this situation.

By the way, homeopathy has the largest evidence base of any "alternative" medicine.

And the least understanding by physicians.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so do you reckon it's something like post viral chronic fatigue she is suffering from and how long will this go on for. she keeps being signed off work but she is desperate to go back but until the nausea goes she is unable to do this. she can't stay on anti sickness tablet for ever.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Finding an underlying cause and treating it is the only way to tell how long this is going to go on .
I have suggested other inestigations that also need to be done at this point.