Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

What can I take against side effects from taking 6x a day Omneprazole

Customer Question

What can I take against side effects from taking 6x a day Omneprazole 20mg against my Gastro-oesphageal reflux?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you should not be taking six of the omeprazole 20mg pills. this is above the dose you should be taking. omeprazole 20mg is an over the counter dose, but taking 6 is more than what you should be doing without a GI doctor's supervision.

there is also nothing to take to prevent side effects from taking 6 omeprazole pills

if your acid reflux is this bad, you should be tested for H Pylori infection if you haven't yet.

you also need to see a GI doctor and have an upper endoscopy

you also need to consult a GI doctor about stronger proton pump inhibitor medications like nexium or protonix instead of taking 6 of the omeprazole 20mg pills. have you tried nexium or protonix before?

let me know if you have questions.