DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

What causes Brain atrophy and what are the symptoms ? What

Customer Question

What causes Brain atrophy and what are the symptoms ? What can a patient do to recover and to prevent further deterioration of health in addition to medications ?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Brain atrophy can be caused by various causes most common of which is aging. Besides this, atherosclerosis, degenerative diseases, etc can cause this.

Symptoms would be increased forgetfulness, confusion, emotional instability, tremor and weakness of limbs, etc.

The symptoms you describe are not typical of brain atrophy.

Faint out feeling and blackness could also be due to the heart - due to inadequate blood pumping of the heart or due to arrhythmia. High blood pressure also could be a cause.

I would advise you to see your doctor. Go for a full medical checkup. Ask about heart conditions which may lead to such symptoms and ask for a cardiological checkup.

Take care - a full checkup is necessary for these symptoms - brain atrophy is not so likely for you - instead other problems like heart problems or other systemic problems may be possible.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I have my own doctor who is doing a good job about my brain atrophy and diseased vessels and proper medications please note that your JUSTANSWER.com had got me curious as to seek further knowledge. Otherwise I am in good health. I have no heart disease and no fainting ...my description here earlier is wrong....it is all about the solid feeling above the head which cause a lot of uncomfortable moments..

Thank you . Please do not contact me again. For the above 'chat' with you I believe I should not be charge to pay again. I have already noted I paid RM124/- and there only question left unanswered is the above about the solid feeling. Not the feeling of fainting

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
This is a different expert.

I am board certified in internal medicine, and in integrative medicine so I also cover complementary and alternative therapies.

I am not sure if you are asking not to be contacted in general and if you want someone to send this is for a refund? Or would you like to continue with me on the question that is unanswered?