Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hi, for past 8 weeks my wife has been sick, sore throat, fevers,

Customer Question

Hi, for past 8 weeks my wife has been sick, sore throat, fevers, sinus etc. she has had several anti biotics and now seen ENT doctor and on specific anti biotics and is feeling better. I have been fit and healthy during all this until this morning I woke up to nose dripping into back of throat and sore throat. I am leaving the UK tonight to go to Singapore. I had some left over augumentin 625mg anti biotics from when I had knee infection an was on them for weeks. I took 1 this morning, starting to feel better. I only have 2 pills left so clearly not a course. Should I take the other 2 or not. Is it bad to take 1 or 2 anti biotics can you get worse infections etc?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thank you for your question

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Ideally speaking, when you start an antibiotic you should complete the course as incomplete course lead to increase in antibiotic resistant bugs.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It is good that your symptoms did improve with augmentin so you should continue taking it. You can visit your doctor or the ER and ask them to prescribe more.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Or, another thing that you can do is that upon reaching Singapore you can go to the doctor there and request a prescription of augmentin.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do rate me for my services when you are satisfied.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi it's not going to be easy to get to doctor so should I take the other 2 pills or not? What is best
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.
You should at least take what you have with you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So it's best to have 3 pills than 1. Thought if I had 1 then bug not really killed so my system can fight it on its own or is that thinking not good
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.
It is best to take three rather than one. Your thinking is not good because if you take three pills it will help your immunity more rather than taking one pill.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks. Can you have a drink on the flight with taking these
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.
Yes you can drink while on this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am I at risk of only taking 2 pills of contracting mrsa
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 4 years ago.
MRSA is usually a hospital acquired infection. I do not think that you need to worry about MRSA.