Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi I am a 35 year old female, followin a chest infection pains

Customer Question

Hi I am a 35 year old female, followin a chest infection pains in chest worsened and was diagnosed with pleurisy in hospital ( infection found in bloods)- taken amoxicillin. Now pain is in my back with flu like symptoms, doctor prescribed a course of oxytetracycline taken for three days having little effect. What to do?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This Dr. David

you need to go back to your doctor for more evaluation. the infection in the chest (pleurisy) could have come back. the infection might have become resistant to amoxicillin antibiotic and the oxytetracycline might not be the right antibiotic either. you might require IV antibiotics in the hospita.

any shortness of breath in this situation is serious and you need to go to the ER or back to the hospital for evaluation for possibly stronger antibitoics.

does this help?

do you have other questions?