Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

For about 10 days now I have been badly bitten by a bug

Customer Question

For about 10 days now I have been badly ' bitten' by a bug of some sort. Mostly I am bitten at night after being in my garden. I can find no evidence of any fleas, gnats or mosquitoes. The consequent welts and irritation are extremely severe and inspite of using anithistamine cream etc. this does not stop the itching. I have had bites on my head around my waist and on my thighs and hips and ankles - inspite of wearing tights and trousers. The itching is extremely severe and keeps me awake at night for a long time.

My husband is not experiencing this problem and is as puzzled as I am.

Recently I acquired a small puppy but this puppy does not seem to have a flea problem and has been treated anyway.

I can hardly go to my GP for this! Can you advise at all?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

have you checked your bed for bedbugs?

they can be along the seams of your mattress. you have to remove all the sheets to check.

they could be causing your bites at night

here are photos of them

https://www.google.com/search?q=bed%20bugs&oe =utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=IUlxUbG0Bu794APtjIDoDQ&biw=1366&bih=682&sei=JUlxUYC5KtfK4AOylICgAg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for responding. I can't believe I have bed bugs but I will check again. I am fairly sure I am picking-up these beasts in the garden and am now spraying myself with Autan anti-mosquito. The bite marks are still on my legs and arms from as long as 10 days ago and leave a hard lump under the skin and dark red circles.

I think the Autan will help so am now not so worried about them and do not require any more help from yourself. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
you are welcome

I hope these bites get better and I hope the Autan will help

do check for bed bugs.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com