DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

For the last four weeks, once a week I have had in the evening

Customer Question

For the last four weeks, once a week I have had in the evening a pain in my upper back between the shoulder blades, felt cold and been sick and needed to be on the toilet, what do you think it could be ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you could be having low blood sugar in the middle of the night.

or this could be an autonomic dysfunction, or possibly a sporatic viral infection.

you should get a blood glucose meter to check your blood glucose level in the middle of the night.

or it could be a panic attack in the middle of the night.

do you have a history of anxiety disorder or panic attacks during the day?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
This happens in the early hours of the morning and im worried it could be something serious
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Pain between the shoulderblades can represtent gallbladder attacks, and this can cause the symptoms you are having.

It can also represent ulcer...and often ulcer pain happens in the morning.

This can represent unstable angina..and you need to have this checked out immediately..it would be atypical but possible.

Catecholamines [stress hormones] surge in the morning and can aggravate any of these condistions.

Yes it can be serious.

Do not wait..go to A and E if needed.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.