Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had a fungi infection beneath my right breast a month ago

Customer Question

I had a fungi infection beneath my right breast a month ago and felt pain.i used a cream called epiderm cream for 3days and after that used nizoral for about 5days.all under doctor's prescription.I took morning after pill around the 3rd week in march.i saw my menstral period 1st week in april and felt the pain was related to that.i have been experiencing pain in my right breast around the areola beneath my nipple.pls what can be the course.am really worried.Amaks
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
It is possible to develop pain in the breast related to the first menstrual cycle that occurs after using the morning after pill.

It is actually possible to have breast discomfort related to any menstrual cycle, and some women have such symptoms with each period. This is more likely in women that have more fibrocystic changes in the breast. None of these symptoms are worrisome.

The breast discomfort associated with each of these situations are typically transient. Therefore, the breast discomfort would be expected to resolve spontaneously. It would only be necessary to be seen if the symptoms persist.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the areola below the nipple are a little swollen,should I be worried?
If there is only a little swelling, that us not a cause for worry. If the swelling were more significant or the minor swelling is more persistent, then it would be appropriate to be checked. But a small amount of swelling is not something for which you need to be worried at present.