DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I recently had unprotected sex with my partner, but then had

Customer Question

I recently had unprotected sex with my partner, but then had protected (unplanned and regretted) sex with someone else... I am now pregnant and I'm worried that it could have resulted from the protected sex :( What are the odds?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
What type of protected sex
What did you use?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We used a condom, and he didn't "come" inside me either, but I'm worried that some precum may have been near me at some point, or transferred from hand to myself.

I had sex with my partner twice on the 31st and sex with this guy on the 3rd. My calculations from my LMP and cycle length thinks conception was around the 3rd, and my ovulation dates were 31st - 4th according to my app.

The test i took 2 days ago predicted I was between 1-2 weeks

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
OK
Then it is very low likelyhood it was from the protected sex.

Having pre cum get near you would not get you pregnant.

It would have to be inside of you, but you had a condom that apparently was not broken and not taken off.

Defects in condoms are about 2/350 condoms.
So less than one percent.

Just as you decribe it, it was not the second experience, statistically.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Even if the erect penis was near my vagina at any time, or he'd been touching himself, then rubbing me?

I am seriously considering a termination and really need to know how low the statistics are.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
The risk still sounds low
It is not zero if that is what you mean.

Condoms are not completely reliable.

1 to 2 % of women will test positive for semen , in some studies, even when the condom does not slip or break.

The overal effectivenss of condoms, considering all mishaps, is lower, probably about 80%.

However, with perfect use, the failure of condoms is about 2% by some calculations.

So, with perfect use, and no ejaculation, I can put this at one percent or less...probably under one percent risk.