Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

i have a lump that feels like cartilage on the left side of

Customer Question

i have a lump that feels like cartilage on the left side of the bridge of my nose. It is not painful to touch but it has not gone away after 1 month. I wear glasses - could that have irritated anything? I am really worried as I have had problems in the past with my nose. I was born with a perforated septum but i have had a lot of biopsies and nothing came up. Could it be a spot or anything similar?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Is this bump near the eye area or is it actually on the bone of the nose itself?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

as far as i can tell It is on the tip of left side of the bone itself

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Ok, If near the eye, it could be a lacrimal duct cyst.

If it is on the bone it is most likely an osteophyte or bone spur due to your previous surgeries. This is just an abnormal accumulation or growth of bone that occurs due to irritation or damage to the bone itself. Bone grows abnormally where it should not.

You are correct in thinking that the glasses may be the cause. They may be stimulating growth of abnormal bone. If you can get glasses that sit a little different on the nasal bridge for a while it may help.

I hope this information is helpful to you.