DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hello, I have a problem that I cant seem to get rid of.

Customer Question

I have a problem that I cant seem to get rid of. I have a constant pain along the shaft and head of my penis. It is unconfortable, and comes and goes but I can always notice it. It does not get any worse when I urinate.

I haven't had a recent trauma, lots of sexual contact or masturbation. I also got tested at a STI clinic about a month ago and all was clear, and was told it may just be a trauma or bruising.. Sometimes the pain is quite sharp and intense, but mostly just constant. I don't appear to have any visible symptoms, but this has been around for a couple of months now and im getting slightly worried.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Great question.

First, you need to see a urologist.

Oddly enough, scarring can develop in the penis without trauma...called pyronie's disease.
The urologist can determine if you have an early case of this and treat it correctly.

Circulation problems can be ruled out with ultrasound.

Pain here can also come from prostate inflammation and this can be hard to diagnose...so again, a urologist diagnoses this daily. Rectal exam and then urinalysis are needed.

As long as you are urinating OK and get erections OK, there is no emergency here, but you shoudl be seen by the specialist soon.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.