Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I had an ultrasound yesterday and they found a cyst on my pelvis.

Customer Question

I had an ultrasound yesterday and they found a cyst on my pelvis. I have been having frequent urinary infections and this is why I was sent for an ultrasound. Kidneys and bladder are ok. Doctor called me in to tell me, and although obviously she does not know for sure without further tests, painted quite a black picture of this finding. I am 55 years of age, female and feel generally in good health, with no specific symptoms, apart from some discomfort on my left side. I am very worried.
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well can you please specify the location of cyst in the pelvis ? Is it in one of the ovaries or uterus ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my query.

Regards..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry I do not know the location of the cyst on pelvis.

Well can you ask this to your doctor and then come back for further discussion. You see it is really important to know where the cyst is actually located because depending on that the treatment modality and severity of the condition can be decided.

Besides this i will encoruage you to keep a positive mindset and do not jump to hasty conclusions.

So you shall come back to this question thread and answer the query and then we shall discuss the further plan of action.

Regards..