Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi, Last night, I was sitting and watching TV after dinner.

Customer Question

Last night, I was sitting and watching TV after dinner. Suddenly I felt accelerated heart beat and felt my body temperature is increasing, or it was high blood pressure, with sort of dizziness, when I tried to stand up I immediately vomited and then felt better.

This is the second time this happens to me, first time was 4 weeks ago, but I was out with friends and suddenly I felt fatigue, passed out for few seconds then got conscious and immediately I vomited, and also felt better after.

what could it be, is it serious, and do I need to see a doctor and do some checks?

Thanks,
Ahmad
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Have you got checked blood sugar level?
What is your blood pressure level?
Did you have breathing discomfort?
Numbness in left arm?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Dr. Robert,

Have you got checked blood sugar level? NO
What is your blood pressure level? normal (checked this morning)
Did you have breathing discomfort? NO
Numbness in left arm? NO (but I used to have it in the past)
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ? "I had Angina incident two years ago but never after, still on Aspirin and Lopresor
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue? anxiety, YES.

Dear Ahmad, Thanks for providing quick additional information. I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

In medical terms it is called as Syncope. It occur when brain doesn't' gets enough blood flow and you lose consciousness.
Usually a slow heart rate causes a drop in blood pressure, this reduces the blood flow to the brain. It should not be ignored and have to be urgently evaluated by doctor in ER. Possible causes are-

-Emotional distress,
-Heart disease (decreased blood flow to the heart or irregular heart rhythm),
-Low blood sugar,
-Panic attacks,
-Blood pressure imbalance.

This can be related to heart, nervous system or blood flow to the brain.

A clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis. You need to undergo these tests-
EKG, Blood pressure monitoring, Blood sugar test, Cardiac examination, Exercise stress test.
As you had angina, 2 years back, so this should be checked immediately by doctor.
I advise that you should not delay and rush to ER ASAP for prompt treatment.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks again Doctor.

I will check and let you know.

Regards,

Ahmad

Ahmad, You need to get a thorough clinical examination and tests done at the earliest.
You should get tests done, as advised in previous post. Once cause is evaluated, you would be advised treatment accordingly.

Please don't delay and get it checked ASAP.