Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

My husband had his Zoladex injection by a nurse a couple of

Customer Question

My husband had his Zoladex injection by a nurse a couple of days ago. She put the needle completely down in to the abdomen and not under the skin. Will this cause any problems?
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

So he has had no symptoms after the injection like pain abdomen, nausea, vomiting or fever?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, none

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

When a trained nurse is administration the injection it is highly unlikely that the injection was administered in to the wrong space, specially considering the ease for subcutaneous injections.

That being said, if the injection was indeed given deeper in to the abdomen then the side effects if any possible should have been there.

The only back-blow, if the injection was not correctly administered i.e. subcutaneously, would be the inability for the drug t maintain its levels as it would have through slow and gradual absorption form the subcutaneous space over time.

So the best plan of action at present would be to see his doctor and discuss this occurrence and if he/she is assured that the injection was not properly injected subcutaneously then he may order anther injection subcutaneously although at a lower dose for the sustained effect.

Hope This Helped :)

Please let me know if you need further clarification. If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive Rating (preferably number 5 please)

Warm regards
Dr MASK