Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hello, I am wondering if Withdrawal symptoms can cause Stomach

Customer Question

I am wondering if Withdrawal symptoms can cause Stomach pain which is so intense that I am crying in pain so much. I am being taken of duloextine slowly as it is not working, and being replaced with Lofepramine. I have polycystic ovaries and the pain is right on my right hand side where the worst ovary is, It is very intense and constant at the moment, I am finding it very hard to drink or eat!
I have also vomited and running a temp but I don't know whether it is todo with the withdrawals or something else
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

What drug are you withdrawing from? Abdominal pain occurs with heroin and narcotic withdrawal and is very common. It is a severe cramping pain. It can be managed with medications but often hospitalization is needed.

Generally polycystic ovarian syndrome does not cause pain. It may cause pain if a cyst becomes large and bursts, this release blood into the pelvic cavity. The irritation causes pain. It may also cause pain if a cyst becomes large and turns on itself. This is ovarian torsion. It is a medical emergency requring immediate surgery.

I hope this information is helpful to you and that you feel better soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am withdrawing Duloxetine it's being done very slowly but the pain is severe.

I also have fibromyalgia

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Abdominal pain is not common with withdrawal from Cymbalta and it would not be this severe. You should really consider seeing your Dr.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok is it likely to be the ovary?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Its hard to say what it is likely to be. We can only give information not medical advice as we cant examine you. You must get yourself to a Dr as soon as possible.