Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

On holiday last week I foolishly did approximately 300/400

Customer Question

on holiday last week I foolishly did approximately 300/400 per day pelvis floor muscle exercises for 2 days. I was trying to build the muscle.
A few Days later I felt a strain in the anus area. I also got itchy for a few days which has now gone with help from a cream.
I now find it painful to sit for longer than 10 minutes.
What is problem?
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Pearl.com.
I am Doctor Norm, and I look forward to helping you with your problem today.
It sounds like you have pain from a muscle strain. It's the same as overusing any muscle in the body. When a muscle isn't used to being exercised and is asked to do too much, it gets sore. Then it needs time to rest and recover. How long the recovery takes depends on the severity of the strain, our age, and whether it's allowed to rest and recover. I would guess it would take 1-2 weeks for the pain to go away, and longer if you don't rest it. I would avoid anything that causes pain. In other words, don't exercise it, and try to find positions where it doesn't hurt.
I don't know why you had the itching, but since it resolved with the cream, it sounds like a skin irritation that has resolved.
Any muscle needs time to gradually build up strength. In the future, with any exercise, it's recommended to start gradually and gradually increase the exercise depending on how it feels. When we do too much, our bodies will usually let us know by pain, which is what has happened to you. Best wishes.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--I have a different opinion here. It sounds as though you've developed a hemorrhoid and that can come with abdominal straining. It can cause itching and pain and it can be treated with a cortisone based cream. If it persists for more than a few days you need to have a doctor take a look at it.