Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I am a male of 69 and am seeking advice as to wether more can

Customer Question

I am a male of 69 and am seeking advice as to wether more can be done to alleviate my problems.
I have an ongoing back problem, having had a Lamanectomy 4&5. this has been followed by injections of various forms over the intervening period. I have had a Core Stem Stimulator fitted in 2011 for pains in my Left leg, because of numbness from the calf downwards.
I have Osteoporosis in my lower back .
I am also a very keen cyclist and am still able to compete in cycling time trials, this has been my only thing I am able to do having been racing since the age of 17 as I am unable to walk more than 25 yards without the use of crutches this has been my only form of exercise, my Consultant has been amazed that I am able to still race and has given me his blessing to carry on as long as I am able.
I believe that there are new procedures, and am wondering if these are available.
Looking forward to hearing from you,or one of your team.
Yours sincereley,

Brian P Ashworth
8 Hallowes Grove, Cullingworth, Bradfod, BD13 5AT
Tel XXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Brian--a few questions first. Why exactly do you need the crutches? Have you had a recent MRI of your lumbar spine, and, if so, can you tell me what the report said?