Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

Hello, I have a problem where I get too excited when I am with

Customer Question

Hello, I have a problem where I get too excited when I am with a girl. If we are just sitting there holding hands or kissing it happens. So much so that when it comes round to sex I am unable to maintain an erection because I have had one for a long period before. I know if I was able to just go straight into it then I would be fine as this has happened in the past, it is just the long period of excitement that reduces my ability. Thanks
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

This is known as premature ejaculation that makes it difficulties for when the actual time comes.

Have you been to a doctor for this? If yes were you examined and investigated ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I went to my doctor thinking it was this, but he told me it was erectile dysfunction. I accepted his advice, but I do not believe that it was erectile dysfunction as I am able to maintain an erection before I get too aroused

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the the additional information and for your patience :)

Erectile dysfunction is defined as inability to have an erection or maintain it for satisfactory sexual intercourse "in the absence of an ejaculatory disorder".

However you have stated that as the time lingers things start getting bad for you and by the time your partner is ready you have already been there/ejaculated.

So I do not think for this to be erectile dysfunction.

You can discuss this again with your doctor in detail. Here is a link that should help you be able to discuss your situation in a better manner with your doctor.

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/diseasemanagement/endocrinology/erectile-dysfunction/

Hope This Helped

Please let me know if you need further clarification. If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please)

Warm Regards
Dr MASK
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello again, I understand that it is not the symptoms and actually have some EMLA cream to help me, yet I am unable to pull back my foreskin therefore it does not help. I have seen online techniques to stop arousal and they only really work to an extent. Is there any oral drug I could purchase or anything else I can do? Thanks.

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
You are welcome and Thank you for the follow up :)

Two medications should be helpful in your case i.e. Local Anesthetic cream like the one you have with you and oral tablets from the group of drugs called the SSRIs (selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) (Like prozac or paxil) And you do not need to take these on a regular basis instead your take one (lowest possible dose initially) a few hours before the event.

However since these are prescription drugs so you would need prescription from your doctor.

Hope This Clarified :)

Warm Wishes
Dr MASK