Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

Good morning, I cant say that theres anything wrong I just

Good morning,
I can't say that there's anything wrong I just know that things aren't right. I'm always tired, have since 2008 gained 41kilo. My hair is falling out, my skin has changed, its rough and dry. I always have to clear my throat, have a stupid flemmy cough that's not from my chest and I have a thing in my throat that makes me choke on just about everything.

I've just read through my note, might as well chew my wrists off now. Please can you help? I have absolutely no confidence in my local doctor. I try and be jovial about it but in truth am very unhappy and feel very unwell.

Thanking you for your time and attention.

Best
Riana Jennings
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

Have you had any investigations? what is the likely cause put forth by your doctor?

Are there medical conditions diagnosed for you? if yes what medication do you take for them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've been to my doctor and have had se real blood tests taken and that is that nothing has been said, no advice no results
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

I can understand the frustration and anxiety associated when not knowing what actually is the cause.

Although there can be some possible causes for your symptoms however if we consider all of your symptoms as a single entity then these are very typical for Hypothyroidism and the test for that is TFTs (Thyroid function tests).

In case you are hypothyroid the symptoms would improve magically as soon as thyroid hormone replacement is done.

It is highly likely that your doctor has already advised for it. You just need to discuss the tests (their results and importance) with your doctor.

Please try to stay calm as this is the only way you can handle things in the best possible manner.

Hope this Helped :)

Please let me know if you need further clarification. If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please)

Warm Regards
Dr MASK