Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have already asked and paid my question.please answerit-is

I have already asked and paid my question.please answerit-is there any evidence to support your idea of burping before taking a breathalyser test
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Yes, and this is usually reflected in the instruction manual that accompanies the breathalyser, which instructs the tester to observe the person being tested for a period of time (usually 20 minutes) before administering the breathalyser, and to wait if the person burps or regurgitates stomach contents.

Obviously, there is tremendously variability in the severity from one person to another, and a minor burp is not going to make a significant difference, but if you ask whether the breathalyser can be inaccurate (as you did on your prior question), this is the primary source of potential error.