Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My son is 20 and is feeling sick, tired and has a head ache,

My son is 20 and is feeling sick, tired and has a head ache, he does not have a temperature though.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--how long has he been sick and any other symptoms like sore throat, cough, etc? Where exactly does his head hurt?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

his head is hurting in the front of his forehead.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--this could be the flu but with the pain in the front of his forehead this could be a sinus infection. Without a fever or a stiff neck or any vision problems it's very unlikely this is meningitis but since I can't examine him he needs to see a doctor about this. Most cases of sinusitis resolve in a few days without antibiotics but the doctor may decide that he needs them now. I wouldn't suggest he take any decongestants or antihistamines for now but he can take acetaminophen or ibuprofen for the headache