Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

June 2010 I had an accident resulting in fractured skull, brain

Customer Question

June 2010 I had an accident resulting in fractured skull, brain haemorhage,craniotomy and thereafter cranioplasty reconstruction.
I had streptococcus and staph A. four months IV antibiotics whilst hospitalised.
I had nigh sweats and a couple of black outs was thought I had diabetes insipidus and epilepsy for a time. ruled out last year.
Recently I had a private psionic analysis that shows I still have staphylococus /streptococcus.
Staphysagria 12c homepathic meds to combat.
I have a thick cement like mucus coming up every morn, hayever type symptons, a little blood from nose and in phelb. night sweats, shakes, feel like I have a fever and feel so physically tired. My glands are up in throat and lypth nodes too, "frozen peas" around by my ears.

I am concerned i have passed this orally to my husband whom now has a hacking cough, real concern as he has been diagnosied border line OCPD after owning and working a lime quarry for many years.
I have an apt scheduled with GP tomoz, I am bored of GP suggesting anti depressants when clearly I have a physical complaint that needs to be dealth with. What should we do?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JA
Psionic analysis is not reliable.

If you had active infection with these bugs, it would be obvious on ecamination.

Infection causing your husblands couch can be easily diagnosed on exam as well..if it is bacteria or not, and culture if needed.

But I am getting ahead of myself.

I am not sure what your exact question is for us....?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What should I do in this situation? keep on with homeopathic meds or get another round of antibiotics that staph A/streptococcus seems immune to?

Get my gp to swab tomoz as opposed to suggesting anti depressants as though these symptons are just in my head?

Get hubby to visit gp or psionic analysis?

You don't have staph and strep infection based on psionics.

Everyone has strep and staph bugs on their skin, all the time.

Even if psionics measured the presence of the bugs, it is complete nonsense to say it is meaningful if you don't have active infection apparent to your doctor. Foolishness and a gimic to justify the use of the homeopathic.

Homeopath does not need psionics, and this is a perversion of the science of homeopathy, which does not prescribe on that basis, but on the whole picture.

So if you want to pursue this rout you need to find a classical homeopath, well trained, that follows the directions fo Dr. Samual Hahnemann, who would have bulked at psionics as quackery.

True homeopath is very effective, often when medicine has failed.

So, unless you have acute problems that your physician sees, I would find a classical homeopath and stop wasting your money on the other practitioner.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The dr that identified via psionic analysis is the most emmient dr in uk for psionic not quackery! To the contrary my symptons have been over looked & un recognised for years by the NHS. Did you view my symptons? They are real!

Yes I have no doubt the symptoms are real, but psionics does not identify active infection and it does not tell you which homeopathic remedy to use.
That is not scientific homeopathy.

I do classical homeopathy and have treated situations like this.

So
You have a practical way to sort this out.
Make sure that your husbands cough is examined by his doctor.

If you are better with the staph and it worked...fine...who can argue with success?

If you still have symptoms, go to a classical homeopath as that will be using the science of homeopathic prescribing, not trying to prescribe using something that never had anything to do with the proper practice of homeopathy.

The originator of homeopathy, Dr. Hahnemann, would have viewed psonics as an insult to the science of homeopathy.

I have colleagues that use psionics, but only in a limited way, as it is extremely limited.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so what would you propose for my symptoms via classsical homeopathic remedy?

Sorry, not sure what your question is exactly