Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hi, Im 19 and I have a swollen left breast. It isnt red or

Customer Question

Hi, Im 19 and I have a swollen left breast. It isn't red or anything but it hurts below my nipple when I breathe out. Also the area below my nipple is swollen. I've just finished my period a week ago and ive had this since. It aches at the top of my breast and is sore to the side,towards the bottom. I have stopped using deoderant but it is not making any difference.Also ibuprofen has not made it go away, only for an hour or so,then it comes back. It's so annoying, any ideas?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--have you ever had this before? Is your breast tender in that area and is there any redness to the skin?