Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have itching after climax what can I take to stop this I

Customer Question

I have itching after climax what can I take to stop this I am a 51 year old male
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 4 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Do you have a regular sexual partner? If not, do you have the itching if you change partners?

Does the itching occur only at the opening or all over the penis?

Since when have you had the itching?

Do you have a rash or discharge from the penis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am married & I have not had intercourse with any one else the problem started after I had the snip 3 years ago, there is no rash, the itching is all around
Wayne,

Thank you for the additional information.

You have probably developed an immune reaciton or an allergic reaciton to sperm proteins.

After a vasectomy, sperms continue t be produced in the testes. These get broken down and are absorbed back into the body. They can then cause an immune reaction, especially when the semen cones into contact with the mucus membrane of the urethra. This condition is however very rare.

Other more common causes are minor trauma to the urethral opening which flare up after every sexual act and itch, a yeast infection, either in you or your wife or , allergy to vaginal fluids, especially if your wife has started a new medicine, allergy to a lubricant etc.

Please consult a urologist. Your wife also needs to consult a gynecologist for a checkup and for a vaginal swab to be sent for a lab test.

I hope this helps.