DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, over the last 2 weeks I have noticed a sensation of dribbling

Hi, over the last 2 weeks I have noticed a sensation of dribbling after I urinate. A drop or 2 not a constant flow. It usually happens if I move around a bit like going up a stairs. This liquid does not seem to be urine, It is clear. The liquid does not seem to come from my bladder, It feels like it is liquid from my urethra. I have never had a strong urinary flow and I can sometimes feel a stinging sensation in the tip of my penis.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
There are a number of possibilities here

Infection, either of the urethra, bladder or prostate ....

Prostate inflammation without infection.

STD if you are sexually active.

Regardless of the cause, you need an exam right now.

A urologist is the type of doctor that should do this at this point, as the prostate exam will be superior and he/she can do an ultrasound in the office if needed.

If the diagnosis is not clear, sometimes a scope of the urethra and bladder is needed.

Now, sometimes a drop or 2 after you ruinate, with no other symptoms, turns out to be nothing, maybe a bit of spasm in the bladder outlet...so would be inconsequential.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I went to a doctor previously, I had a swab taken and a urine test. I am probably just panicking I was told there was nothing to be worried about. I have been under a lot of stress lately can that have an effect?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Yes stress can elevate spasm and in fact this problem.
But you did not see a urologist, and that should still be done.