Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

My Mum was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer about one year ago.

Customer Question

My Mum was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer about one year ago. She had n operation last year and 5 sessions of chemo. She is now taking the drug for breast cancer to try and contain the cancer. Has lost her appetite almost completely and unable to eat much. Last night she had abdominal pain and in the night was sick bringing up brown vomit! should we be very worried. She is due to see her consultant again this coming Thursday?
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

I am sorry to know of the difficult phase your mother is passing through and can understand your anxiety.

Brown vomit is not a good indicator as it can mean blood de-natured due to the acid in stomach.

In other words she needs immediate medical attention for possible blood in vomit.

Hope this Helped :)

Please let me know if you need further clarification, If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive rating (Preferably number 5 please)

Warm regards
Dr MASK