Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

ive pains in my stomach on left lower side. dizzyness, nausea,

Customer Question

ive pains in my stomach on left lower side. dizzyness, nausea, bad head aches. had a bleed 5, 6 days ago but haven t had a period in 4 1/2 yeara since the mirena coil was fited. it was due to come out 3 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Pearl.com.
I am Doctor Norm, and I look forward to helping you with your problem today.
Since your Mirena is overdue to come out, pregnancy might be a possibility, but I think it's unlikely. The contraceptive action of teh Mirena usually lasts longer than the 5 years for which it's marketed. However, the progesterone amounts that it gives off do decrease over time, and perhaps your symptoms might be related to increased activity of your ovaries, resulting in an ovarian cyst (abdominal pain) and increased estrogen levels (causing nausea and headaches). However, your symptoms may also have nothing to do with the Mirena or hormones, and might be related to a virus, a pelvic infection or some other condition. If the pain is very significant, I would see your doctor for evaluation. Best wishes.