Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hi i found white bumps down below (i am female) they dont hurt

Customer Question

Hi i found white bumps down below (i am female) they dont hurt and then i found a longer white line type thing. The nearest STD clinic is open/free in a wee kwas wondering if i could have reassurance before that? x
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Do you have any associated itching there? Since how long exactly you have this? Have you tried anything so far? Any recent unprotected sex, if yes when? Any diagnosed medical problem? Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it doesn't itch. I had itching sensations a few months ago and got diagonosed with a urine infection but antibiotics cleared that up. Yeah I had unprotected sex just over a week ago but these bumps were there for a while before then, I didn't assume anything of it then as google said they would probably fade soon. I tried vagisil cream and nothing. And nope, i'm on the pill thats my only prescribed medication.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. For how long you have tried vagisil? Has it helped? Do you have fever? Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nope nothing's changed.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Louise thanks for your input. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. Although as per symptoms the most likely cause still remains the fungal infection. Even no response from vagisil doesn't rule out a fungal infection. The other likely cause can be dermatitis. STDs like genital herpes are least likely but definitely needs testing. STDs are mostly associated with other symptoms like severe itching, burning, fever etc according to the type of infection. Absence of these symptoms make STD less likely. As you said that the bumps were there for a while before unprotected sex, this makes STD again less likely. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations where vagisil has failed, you can try OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream twice daily till you go for testing. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So it is nothing serious I can't die from it?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Yes definitely there is nothing life threatening and you don't need to stress yourself. I wish you a long happy and healthy life. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.