Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

i have quickly developed (last 2 days) an agonising white ulcerated

Customer Question

i have quickly developed (last 2 days) an agonising white ulcerated line under my tongue, it is sheer angony! i am worried it is something serious? i am fine in myself but each time i talk or it touches my teeth it is like nothing i can describe, a small but seems to protrude and if i touch it i could scream in pain. Help?1
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Do you have any diagnosed medical problem? Have you tried anything so far for this ulcer? Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No other medical conditions, I bought from the chemist today a liquid called anbesol, it does numb the pain but not for long!
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am myself an ENT doctor so i do deal with this problem. First of all i would like to reassure you that nothing serious can be associated with this. If you are concerned about anything like cancer then just forget it and don't stress yourself because cancers are never painful this way and doesn't come so suddenly. This ulcer is likely to be related to a tooth trauma or simply can be an apthous ulcer secondary to low immunity. I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations if you can find gentian violet, over the counter, then you can use it twice daily. Moreover for pain OTC tab Aleve twice daily will be very helpful. Anbesol will not cure the problem and it's just a numbing agent but you can use it specially before eating. If symptoms persist then you should visit your dentist who can prescribe kenalog in oro base which can speed up the recovery. But please don't stress yourself for anything serious. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.