Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

On waking this morning I had a second of complete darkness

Customer Question

On waking this morning I had a second of complete darkness then my sight restored
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name is Dr Hasan and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. Do you have any mean to check your blood pressure ad pulse? Did you felt any light headedness, headache, nausea, vomiting etc at that time? Any diagnosed medical problem or medications you are on? Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I had just woken up and had a flash of darkness then my sight returned sometimes i do feel a bit light headed though

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 years ago.
Irene thanks a lot for your input. First of all i am really sorry to hear about your problem. There can be few causes for your problem. This can simply be low blood pressure reducing blood supply to brain to cause a transient vision loss but on the other hand this can be a transient ischemic attack, it is a form of stroke. So you should not take this casually. you should visit ER to get yourself checked. You need to get CT scan brain along with EKG. Your blood pressure should be monitored also. Till you visit, drink lots of water and other fluids. I am advising ER because it can happen again so it's best to get investigated as early as possible in such cases. There are few precautions you should follow, never get out of bed suddenly, first sit in the bed and move your toes and after a minute get up and stand. Always drink enough water to remain hydrated, at least 8 glasses of water are recommended. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to assist you always.