Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Hi all, Im new to this. Me and my hubby have decided to try

Customer Question

Hi all, I'm new to this. Me and my hubby have decided to try for a baby. i started my last period on may 1st and stopped the pill (yasmin) the previous saturday. I am due to ovulate tomorrow. I have been getting slight cramps all day and slight spotting. I am aware of ovulation spotting but never had this before. I was just wondering if you think its ovulation spotting or could it have been implantation spotting. We have had unprotected sex, is there any way i ovulated earlier.
Any advice would be welcomed
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 years ago.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

Mysticdoc :

This is likely ovulation spotting.

Mysticdoc :

Since you stopped yasmin a week prior to your period, it is not likely to become pregnant so soon.

Mysticdoc :

Usually during ovulation your basal body temperature increases slightly.

Mysticdoc :

There is also over the counter ovulation detection kit available to predict ovulation accurately.

Mysticdoc :

But given your description, ovulation can cause cramps and spotting which may feel different sometimes.

Mysticdoc :

Please be patient.

Mysticdoc :

You should get pregnant within next 3 months ( that is common after stopping yasmin).

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/