Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am going to have a MRI for liver with gadolinium is safe

Customer Question

I am going to have a MRI for liver with gadolinium is safe for me if i got teeth implants/
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Dental implants are typically made of a composition that will not preclude the use of an MRI. It is possible that they can cause a small amount of artifact, so that if the MRI is being done to assess the head, the area around the dental implants may be partly obscured by the dental implants. But if the MRI is being done to evaluate other portions of the body, including the brain, the dental implants will not interfere with the image.

It is appropriate that when you go for the MRI that you comment to the staff that you have the dental implants, and they can look at the implants to assure that they will not be a problem.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.