Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

51 years old female ,missed3 periods, fategue and general aches,

Customer Question

51 years old female ,missed3 periods, fategue and general aches, No hot flushes or night sweats, always cold. 2 weeks ago had blood tests which showed slightly low GFR(59) everyehting else normal and extremely low estrogen , doc said overeries were no longer active, another period would be highly unlikely at any time. Vaginal bleeding started last night, moderate to slightly heavy, some stomach cramp and back ache. concerned that its not a period but vaginal bleed for another reason.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Dr. P Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

I can appreciate your concern.

But do not get anxious about this.

You are now in your perimenopausal period, that is, you are about to become menopausal. During this period there are a wide variation of hormonal changes. THis is what causes unusual episodes of bleeding.

The bleeding you are having is not a typical period but most likely bleeding due to this abnormal hormonal fluctuation for perimenopause.

Get a doctor's checkup, but do not get anxious - this is not likely to be anything serious since you are now in this perimenopausal phase.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Dr. P. Jyoti