Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

my partner now drinks every day not sure how much but friday

Customer Question

my partner now drinks every day not sure how much but friday and saturdays about a litre of vodka each nite and a bottle on a sunday and dosent eat right and misses work and cannot sleep
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

thanks for this excellent question. I'm very sorry he is having this problem. How can I help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i just want to know if he is an alcohlic so i can tell him and show him this as he beleaves he is not

Absolutely he is

This is clear cut alcoholism

He needs urgently to see a doctor and get medical and mental health counseling

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, just reply. :)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--I think we need to talk more about this rather than just to say he's an alcoholic and needs treatment. Have you or anyone else talked to him about his drinking and that you're concerned about that, and, if so, what was his response?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he somrtimes says he has a problem but dosenot relize how big it is

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--is he getting into trouble at work and has his drinking caused him any other problems, say, with the law? Have you asked him whether he would consider going to AA or talking to a doctor about this?