Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master's in Internal medicine & gastroenterology with seven years of clinical experience.
16101430

Is Amisulpride the correct treatment for MDD?

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question and coming on Just Answer. I would like to say that Amisulpride is atypical antipsychotic and can be helpful if some one has major depressive illness with psychotic symtpoms or evidence of psychosis. But on the other side different class of anti-depressant should be tried.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask.Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied.

If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it effective for JUST MDD and OCB?

Is it true that to treat MDD and OCB it is necessary to increase/ unblock serotonine and dopamine?

thanks

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 4 years ago.
No it is not necessary always but vary from cases to cases and depends on what you are treating. Yes effective for MDD with pyschotic symtoms but not for OCB.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.