Ask a Doctor and Get an Answer to Your Medical Question ASAP
is it possible that blocked / reduced serotonin in the brain for a long time by antipsychotics cause nausea and vomiting?
(please, you can take your time to find this)
Do you know anything about seroquel or clozaril?
- individual had MDD (and was taking only seroquel as medicine)
- MDD led to vomiting for 16 days (no food intake, only liquid by drip)
- Hospitalization (seroquel maybe stopped)
- Out of hospital (seroquel prescribed again)
- After 7 days the vomiting started again.
- In another country the hospital's doctor told not to take that medicine anymore
- After few days the individual totally recovered both from vomiting and from MDD (by taking no medicine)
Individual had MDD for 3 years, which continually worsened (and it was treated ONLY WITH OLANZAPINE, CLOZARIL AND SEROQUEL)
Not Seroquel directly, of course. But if vomiting is caused by MDD, MDD is treated by increasing serotonin, it appears logical a serotonin-lowering medicine was not the most approrpiate..
Anyway, other real doctors had immediately said antipsychotics serotonin-lowering are not appropriate for deseases, which need to increase serotonin.
I understand that if you do not provide a logical justification for your assertion, that means there is no objection. I dont know how long questions may be, me too I have to wait 2 days for docs answering chats.
I dont decide your rate of pay neither the site's conditions, so you should not complain with a client, ahah!
On this occasion I cannot provide you with positive feedback, as
- you complain with clients for your manager's decisions
- you do not provide any explanation supporting the logic under your assertions