Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi, I have been giving a chance at work to go to California

Customer Question

Hi, I have been giving a chance at work to go to California for 3 months to train, last year when i went on holiday to Australia i suffered from anxiety while flying and now i'm scared to go again, i suffer from anxiety while driving also and in work sometimes. Can this be cured? I'm living in Ireland so it would be a long flight. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.

DrK99 :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

DrK99 :

Many people suffer from fear of flying.

DrK99 :

You can ask your Dr for a prescription for a few short acting benzodiazepines

DrK99 :

http://www.airsafe.com/issues/fear/soar.htm

DrK99 :

This is a website that offers a CD that helps with reassurance on the safety of flight. It is done by a pilot

JACUSTOMER-kc6103ti- :

I know but i have bad anxiety and i'm afraid i'll say something at security when i'm going through and end up in prison or something!

DrK99 :

You can have someone accompany you right up to the check point

JACUSTOMER-kc6103ti- :

Do security in airports understand that some people suffer from anxiety?

DrK99 :

Sure they do, just havesomeone go with you up to the check point

DrK99 :

Do you have more questions? I think asking your Dr for a prescription for an antianxiety med is a good idea

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm afraid i won't be able to do it, i won't be able to control my anxiety, what if i get sick when i am in the states?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
What sickness are you concerned about? There is good medical care and you would, I am sure be covered by your employers health insurance. You could arrange to set up a visit with a primary care Dr as soon as you arrive. That would be helpful.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Anxiety is the sickness i'm worried about, yeah i know they'll look after me when i'm over there, if i have any issue's i can talk to them

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello Mary. I would love to help you more but I am not sure what more you need at this point. Please let me know.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello Mary, do you have followup questions?