Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

what is svere borderline personality disorder?

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--before I answer can you tell me if you know anything about borderline personality disorder and can you tell me exactly why you're being detained?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

im being detained in a low secure service. have been from medium to rehab to low secure. know fair bit about it ie emotional disregulation. not daft doing a maths degree. just been told that im not just personality dirsordered but am severe cant find anything from web to distinguish the 2

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--we can continue after this if you need more information but when the term "severe" is added to the diagnosis it usually means there has been a psychotic episode where there can be visual and/or auditory hallucinations and, in addition to that, the patient usually has had an episode where they can't function normally and may be a danger to either themselves or others. While I don't know exactly what happened with you it would seem that you're being detained for now because of one or more of the above reasons
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thanks. can understand that, i have been psychotic where ive seen and heard things, actually still on going and yep i am indeed a danger to myself just come back from a and e cause i slit my wrists sorry if that too graphic. i also deem myself a danger to ohters that why i hurt myself. thanks for clearing this up i understand what docs saying now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
My pleasure but please let me know how you do and don't forget to rate my service to you