Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Im a 57 year old woman and not had a period for years, the

Customer Question

I'm a 57 year old woman and not had a period for years, the last week I've had a discard not smelly , but tonight there's blood, also I think my partner is playing away from home
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you today.

Any post-menopausal woman that has vaginal bleeding should be checked. The primary concern with post-menopausal bleeding is abnormal growth within the uterus, some of which are benign, such as polyps, some of which are pre-cancerous, such as hyperplasia, and some of which are cancerous.

It is also possible that vaginal bleeding could be related to an infection, particularly if you suspect that your partner is sexually active outside of the monogamous relationship. There also are some forms of infection that are not related to sexually transmitted diseases, so the identification of the specific infection would be necessary to confirm any suspicion of unfaithfulness.

However, it is impossible to confirm infection or unfaithfulness of your partner based solely on symptoms, which is why it is important to be checked.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.