DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Good evening, I had an HIV risk contat in October 2009, when

Good evening, I had an HIV risk contat in October 2009, when I had oral sex (receiving and giving) and also screw her once without a condom (2 seconds). In february 2012 i started getting a yellow/green tongue coating. This was at a time when i was also under massive pressure in my job (lost my job).
My tongue is still coated and it looks as if peridontitis just started... this might be just because of the long term bacterials in my mouth...
i would like to send you 2 picture of my tongue. one from the morning (more coating) and one from the evening (less coating). is that possible pls?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
You an attach a picture here or up load it to a site such as photobucket.com and give me the link
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
OK
So no I do not think this means you have HIV.

It is not even necessarily yeast.

Just to clarify , does it all look white to you or black as well
Picture quality not that good on my end
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not black at all. any idea what else could cause it?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.

Yeast

And/or geographic tonuge [harmless]

This can be for unknown reasons. It can simply be a white tongue which happens for unknown reasons.

It can be from diabetes. So all needs to be checked out.

It would not be a likely presentation of HIV.

However, any sexually active adult needs HIV testing. If that has not been done you are over due.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert. Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
It also looks like you might have some geographic tongue here if I am seeing the pictures correctly [harmless].

No particular cause in almost all cases.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.