DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had asthma for the last week , and I have been put on

I have had asthma for the last week , and I have been put on steriods for five days and a strong antibiotic. I am still coughing , phelgm is scattered with blood and I am extremely weak. I feel like I am dragging to breathe and my peak flow is down.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from ja

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

Go to the ER

This is exactly how asthmatics can get in severe trouble.

They can wear out completely and then not be able to breath and go on a ventilator.

You need so ER/observational treatment immediately, maybe even admission if you have any pneumonia.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.