DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am having an unusual heavy period for the last 5 day, with

Customer Question

I am having an unusual heavy period for the last 5 day, with notical increase today 5th day, changing pads every half hour. My legs feel unusually heavy and tired. I am about to turn 40 next month.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

This can be hormonal
But it can be from other conditions such as fibroids.

There are a number of conditions like this of uterine bleeding.

What concerns me here is the heaviness in the legs which can indicate anemia.

If you have not had a recent pelvic exam, or an ultrasound, both are important.

I would go in today, A and E, at least for a CBC to look at blood counts and initial exam.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.