DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been suffering with terrible nausea most of the time,

Customer Question

I have been suffering with terrible nausea most of the time, a bad taste in my mouth and a lot of acid in my stomach. I have stopped eating dairy products and do not have very much coffee. If I eat butter or olive oil, my nausea is worse. I cannot tolerate milk so eliminated it from my diet. Years ago I was diagnosed with IBS. I have loose bowels, not diarrhoea and sometimes constipation.
I have had gastritis in the past when I was very stressed and at the moment I have a lot of stress in my life. I am also a very anxious person.
I have recently had a barium test and extensive stomach xrays, all was normal except for a very small polyp. My gall bladder was also checked for stones. I had a liver scan in the last 6 months as I had an infection from contaminated water.
It is the nausea that bothers me and I am very worried about it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from Ja
This is most likely gastritis or ulcer, in the stomach or duodenum.
This can be caused, and be chronic because of, h pylori, the bacteria that causes both.

So you need an H pylori stool test or breath test.

If this is positive than the correct antibiotic therapy will cure it.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am scared of cancer?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Cancer can only be completely ruled out by a scope to the stomach, which is what you need if you are negative for h pylori or if antibiotic treatment does not work.

If that is a big concern, scope now.

See a GI doctor for this.