Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod,
73554018

My general sleep pattern is broken by hot burning sensations

Customer Question

My general sleep pattern is broken by hot burning sensations in my stomach which are partially reduced by frequent visits to the toilet to urinate.this has been going on for over 5 weeks plus visits to surgery and pharmisists.I am scheduled foe an endoscopy tomorrow morning.What aleviation besides parascetimal can you suggests. I am under a great deal of stess over last few months but finfing my way in recent weeks
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.

I a sorry to know of the difficult situation you are facing.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

By burning sensation in stomach do you mean lower abdomen or upper central abdomen?

Are there any medical conditions diagnosed for you ? if yes what medications do you take for them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Lower abdomen with frequent bouts of constipation lasting several days and Lactulose in moderate doses failing to work other than very short sessions of brief watery diarrhioa

no particular medications but using Citalopram 20gm and Kalms and paracetamols 500gm to ease pain

Re your note "[email protected] is MY email and never used in communication with you ever before

Peter XXXXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

reply already sent but what is happening

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
Please give me some time to go through your answer for a reply
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

The area of pain identified by you and the association of increased frequency of urination makes it highly likely to be due to cystitis (inflammation of the urinary bladder).

And the investigation of choice would be ultrasound followed by cystoscopy (ideally by a urologist) and not endoscopy however your doctor may be doing it for the gastric symptoms.

Now to your question for an option for decreasing this pain. It is usually much helped by the use of Bicarbonate of Soda which is available over the counter and helps by making the pH of urine Basic.

Hope this helps :)

Warm regards
Dr MASK
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

There is an answer waiting for you from the Professional.