Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Severe pain in mid chest, due to inflamedd esophagos. Can continue

Customer Question

Severe pain in mid chest, due to inflamedd esophagos. Can continue for hours with loss of sleep.. Cause seems to be reflux. Can you recommend treatment ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--how long has this been going on and are you saying that you've had endoscopy and were found to have an inflamed esophagus?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This episode started at 10pm and has continued without break until now, 2am, and there is no respite. Damage to esophagos inferred from severeity of reflux rather than result of an internal. The latest attack is one of many over recent weeks. I am puzzled as to why they start. Tonight the attack came on after struggling up our stairs-- I suffer quite bad arthritis.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK--where exactly is the pain located, how long does it last, and have you spoken to a doctor about it before now?