jbmd
jbmd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience
69164063

I am experiencing a vaginal discharge that is yellow and very

Customer Question

I am experiencing a vaginal discharge that is yellow and very stretchy. It is sort of like mucus with a slight scent, not fishy. I visited my obgyn and he prescribed an antibiotic, Sandov and a vaginal cream. I finished taking the tablets yesterday but I have not finished the cream. The odour I had is gone but the yellow colour is still there and it is very stretchy. Also I spotted on Monday and had a pain on my lower right side of my abdomen. Should I be overly worried? I am 45 and have fibroids.
Expert:  jbmd replied 4 years ago.

jbmd :

Hi--I think you're right for being concerned. I do not know what the doctor found on bimanual examination of your pelvic area, feeling your uterus and ovaries by the doctor. The discharge sounds like mucus and as if it was originally infected. I do not know if you could possibly be pregnant.The pain on the right side could be an abscess in the tube or ovary on that side. I think you should have a followup recheck by your doctor and, to make sure, do one of the over the counter pregnancy tests now if that's a possibility. If the pain gets suddenly worse, do not hesitate but go directly to the emergency.

jbmd :

Hope this helps you.