DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My question, iv been suffering with anxiety for the past 7

Customer Question

My question, iv been suffering with anxiety for the past 7 wk. iv got aches and pains everywhere in my body the doctor. Has taken lots of blood work done all ok.iv lost a stone in weight more muscle in the tops of my arms which is worrying me. Can anxiety do this? It starting to make me think I have something wrong with my bones
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

Thanks for the interesting question.

Anxiety can do this.

Expecially if you are losing weight and it is affecting your nutrition.

However, your doctor needs to rule out physical problems with testing.

Thyroid testing...blood test.
Muscle disease...blood testing for cpk and ana panel and sed rate.
All routine labs.
Magnesium level.
Calcium level.

Urinalysis.

I would make sure all of this has been done.

Neurological exam of course must be done.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All blood work has been done however neurological exam has not. What is this?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
See a neurolgoist to make sure there are no nervous system problems or your doctor can do this.

Routine blood trests often do not include what I have mentioned above....for example, magnesium is rarely checked. If it is below 2.5 you need to supplement.

Thyroid is oftren not checked and I doubt he checked CPK.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi yes, all blood work has been done for this and all have come back clear. Do I still need to see a neurologist
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
If your doctor can do a good neurolgoical exam, OK, otherwise a referral.
Another options would be a rheumatologist...it depends on your doctors findings.