Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX would like ask a doctor maxillofacial

Customer Question

Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX would like ask a doctor maxillofacial questions on my symptoms of numbness and weakness in all my mouth,face and body.a long time I have some neurologic symptoms after I been in the dentist,I cant feel my mouth,teeth,tongue,I cant feel the taste of the food and thirsty.my mouth and eyes burn all the time,I have severe neck pain and swelling on the sides,hard pains on my jaw,difficulty to shew the food and swallow.recently I made xray on my jaw and the xray showed both mandibular condyles appear to be completely dislocated anteriorly in front of the articular eminence bilaterally. Please I would like maxillofacial answer my question what could happened with jaw dislocation condyles and all that symptoms of numbness. thanks Luciclea santos
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
do you have the report of the x ray that you can type in exactly
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,the xray results showed both mandibular condyles appear to be completely dislocated anteriorly,in front of the articular eminence,bilaterally.and I have hard pains on my jaw area,difficulty sleep on the sides of my face,sometimes swelling on my neck and others problems

OK
What does the doctor tell you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well,is difficulty to tell what alot of specialists I been in the past 4 years, some tell diferents things.but from the beginning of my symptoms of numbness and weakness I explained to all how started that symptoms after I been in the dentist just to make to simple repair but she make problems on my teeth,worn the points of the back teeth and front,and others horrible changes my teeth and mouth,after I could not talk exackly and shew,afected the sensation of the food. all the time with pain on the area of my jaw,then recently I made the xray and shoewd my jaw dislocation,so what is the best treatment to repair my jaw and teeth problems

What about the neck swelling
Has this all been going on 4 years?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have always neck pain and sometimes are swelling,Imade ultrasounds carotid artery on the neck are normal and I made mri brain are normal but on my right side are atrophy

And you have seen neurologist
Had mucle testing, emg?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,I been in two doctors neurologists,one in nhs where I made nerve conduction study and private neurologist from nuffield I made ultrasound carotid artery in my neck and mri brain and all they tell are normal,if i debilited life just in the house with scarf on my neck and creams deep heat to help in my pain and sweeling,I use alot of clothes in my house and hat to help in the temperature in my body,I feel weak and very cold without force

OK
What did your dentist tellyou about the jaw
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went in two dentist,the first was in nhs dentist I explained all the difficulty I have to shew,talk and numbness in my mouth,face and body,he took the size of my teeth and said I dont have problemson my teeth,them after I went a second in private dentist,I explained the problems the difficulty to shew,talk and sleep on the sides of my face and all my symptoms,he made xray of my teeth and the size them after he said he go first referal to dental hospital,them in there again I explained my all symptoms and the difficulty shew,talk pains in my hands and in the feet,weakness them he took the size of my teeth and found my dental problems. recentle in london I made xray of the jaw and the results show my jaw condyles dislocated and my doctor referal me to a doctor maxillofacial then he examined my teeth and mouth,he said to I open my mouth to see size my mouth open with one instrument then after he referal me to make mri of my jaw,them my surprised is the result of them is I dont have jaw dislocated,he said is simple problem on the disc and I have to go a dental surgion,but I strong believe my jaw are serious dislocated,with alot of pain on my neck,swelling,pain in my ear,and all that symptoms,and debilited life just in the house in pain

Can you typein the MRI report?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the brain or the jaw

jaw
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry,but I would not type that result,because I did not believe in that,is just the disc,if I have all that pain and symptoms in all my body.I made numbers of exames and I continue with that symptoms

The MRI is more accuate than an x ray.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,but I have on my hand the copy of the xray are too clear my jaw condyles to be dislocated.my doctor saw the imagens,and alot of exames I alredy made in machine mri in the past,I am very traumatized in that machine,where the radiologist can save in minutes alot of imagens from the people in the computer,in my sitution I believe in ultrasounds and xray that the imagem is in the time we receive

The specialist said there is a problem in the discs of the jaw joint is this correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the maxollofacial said I have problem on my disc and he said in hes letter that,in particular they are not dislocated and talk about just the disc.and I asked and my symptoms he said that may be sclerosis a said I already made mri brain and are normal but atrophy,and I been in two doctors neurologists,he said he do not know about my symptoms

OK
I would see a non-invasive orthopedist for the jaw.
The correct physical therapy might get rid of the pain.
This might avoid surgery on the jaw in this case.
Another option is a cranial osteopath.
These doctors manipulated the jaw hands on.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.