Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

WHAT IS CELLULITIS

Customer Question

WHAT IS CELLULITIS
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist you.

Cellulitis is a generic term for an infection of the soft tissue, usually the soft tissue under the skin. It can occur anywhere on the body, not just on the legs.

Cellulitis will usually occur from germs that are normally on the skin, but have been able to get under the skin to cause an infection. This can occur because of any sort of break in the skin, such as from inflammation, a cut, or an insect bite. In the legs, it is more often a complication that arises on top of chronic inflammation of the legs, but any of the other problems can contribute to the development of cellulitis.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.