DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi Dr. I want to check if I am schizophrenic or depressed ,

Customer Question

Hi Dr. I want to check if I am schizophrenic or depressed , I want to know whats wrong with me.

I do wrong things and I don't feel bad or guilty, I don't steal or kill someone but I do things not matching with my traditions & religion but still don't feel bad or guilty.

also sometimes im in a very good mood thinking I dont need anything and the next second im in very bad mood thinking I don't have anything in the world , lonely

I say things which I don't want to say and im happy when im in stronger position

my friend told me I have 3 personalities and I want to live in miserable mood I keep spoiling my good moments
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

This can be one of several problems.
Bi polar disorder [highs and lows].
This is most likely and sounds a lot more likely than skizophrenia. In fact what you describe sounds characteristic.

With this there can be depression and /or anxiety.

I would suggest that you see a professional for testing....a PhD clinical psychologist, or a psychiatrist, or a well trained MD that has experience with these.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dr Thomas

I need more details please, what do you mean by " In fact what you describe sounds characteristic." so I have schizophrenia?

why I have this inside feeling to hurt people by talk I mean.

is their treatment & how to be treated?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
No it sounds characteristic of bi polar disorder. [highs and lows]. This is not skizophrenia.

There is treatment, mediczations, such as lithium.

Having a feeling like you want to hurt people sounds like anger, which can go with almost any disorder.
It also needs to be assessed in person with a professional.